Перейти к содержанию

Рекомендуемые сообщения

Well it depends on the method and learning in native area is not guarantee of Queen English.

Don`t worry! Be happy!

Да кто я такой, чтобы себе отказывать!

Поделиться сообщением

I think, may learning English in Russia, go to area, where gather native speaker of English. reading newspaper ;) and more communicati with victorian. This is real way to success :angel:

В жизни всегда есть место эксперименту, подвигу и чуду(с)

Поделиться сообщением

Бах You are right! ;)

Don`t worry! Be happy!

Поделиться сообщением

not long ago im listening funny group from Quebec, three canadian mans playing cover version hits of 80th Michael Jackson, Paula Abdoul, Technotronic

Listen and Enjoy

bam

В жизни всегда есть место эксперименту, подвигу и чуду(с)

Поделиться сообщением

Can proper English be learned in an English-speaking country (not England and US)?

Все проходит....

Поделиться сообщением

English can be learned everywhere. The main point is you have to learn hard with right method. Being in any English speaking country you can sense real language atmosphere, learn and use your English as much as possible. It`s very important for language.

Don`t worry! Be happy!

Поделиться сообщением

Agree entirely. I was actually contributing topic for a discussion.

Все проходит....

Поделиться сообщением

False Friends

Let's start a list of False Friends, English words that are often misused by Russians learning English. These are words that look similar in different languages but have different meanings. This will help you avoid common mistakes. Please, feel free to add to the list.

1) variant: I hear this quite often by Russian speakers. In English, they usually mean 'option' or 'choice'. Example: "There were 3 options I chose the second one." 'Variant' is used mostly in mathematics. Also to describe something that differs slightly. 'There are many variants of English in Britain.'

2) nervous: In English, it's usually means 'worried'. It's commonly mistaken for 'irritated'. Examples: "Before the exam I was worried but once I began I thought it was quite easy." "While studying, he was irritated by the loud music next door."

3)comfortable: feels nice, allows you to relax. "These jeans are very comfortable." Often confused with 'convenient'. Something easy to do or use. Example: "The Metro is very convenient because it is right outside my house."

Any more?

Don`t worry! Be happy!

Поделиться сообщением

COFFEE MORNING IN ROME

Four Catholic men and a Catholic woman were having coffee in St.Peters Square.

The first Catholic man tells his friends, "My son is a priest, when he walks into a room, everyone calls him 'Father'."

The second Catholic man chirps, "My son is a Bishop. When he walks into a room people call him 'Your Grace'."

The third Catholic gent says, "My son is a Cardinal. When he enters a room everyone bows their head and says 'Your Eminence'."

The fourth Catholic man says very proudly, "My son is the Pope. When he walks into a room people call him 'Your Holiness'."

Since the lone Catholic woman was sipping her coffee in silence, the four men give her a subtle, "Well ........?"

She proudly replies, "I have a daughter,

slim,

tall,

38" DD bust,

24" waist and

34" hips.

When she walks into a room, everybody says, "Oh My God."

Поделиться сообщением

Hello! For language learning is a good site, only need to register: http://ru.livemocha.com/sihp There is still such that there are also interesting:

http://real-english.ru/crash/

Поделиться сообщением

The mother was giving her young son a bath.

The young boy foddled his little balls ...

"Are these my brains ?" he asked mommy.

"Not yet" she replied.

Don`t worry! Be happy!

Поделиться сообщением

;) Not yet ! she is completely right ! Изменено пользователем Самира

8 925 532 10 10

Поделиться сообщением

Для публикации сообщений создайте учётную запись или авторизуйтесь

Вы должны быть пользователем, чтобы оставить комментарий

Создать учетную запись

Зарегистрируйте новую учётную запись в нашем сообществе. Это очень просто!

Регистрация нового пользователя

Войти

Уже есть аккаунт? Войти в систему.

Войти

• Последние посетители   0 пользователей онлайн

Ни одного зарегистрированного пользователя не просматривает данную страницу