Перейти к содержанию

Рекомендуемые сообщения

Dear DanilaMe! You're like the boy in the kindergarten who pulled every girl by her pigtail and then said that nobody wanted to play with him... How did I pulled your pigtail or other girls "pigtails"? Be more specific, please.

I guess that was a metaphor, Danila. Lady LG should have followed your example and given you a wikipedia/oxford dictionary/webster's dictionary full link to help you understand what the expression "to pull one's pigtail " means :P

Изменено пользователем Molly Malone

Поделиться сообщением

Lady LG is not defending anyone, she is expressing her point of view.

Why do almost the members of the club try to say that you are a little…well…too serious? (I didn’t say “You are a bore", no no) Are we all wicked? I doubt it.

Don't be a pain in the neck.

Ok, that's your opinion. But this time let LadyLG answer.   :lol:  :D   When I ask MSC I get the reply but not the answer from LadyLG, when I ask LadyLG I get the reply from Molly. Very funny, indeed )))  I think this time it could be victorian who will reply. 

And thank you for explaining the whole pigtail thing. Looks like you did a solid research on the websites that you mentioned.

Изменено пользователем DanilaMe

Поделиться сообщением

Ok, that's your opinion. But this time let LadyLG answer. :lol::D When I ask MSC I get the reply but not the answer from LadyLG, when I ask LadyLG I get the reply from Molly. Very funny, indeed ))) I think this time it could be victorian who will reply.

))) ))) ))) ))) )))

That was a smart answer, you've made me laugh

Изменено пользователем Molly Malone
  • Нравится 1

Поделиться сообщением

))) ))) ))) ))) )))

That was a smart answer, you've made me laugh

After all the topic became very dynamic.

Good night, good night! Parting is such sweet sorrow, that I shall say good night till it be morrow. W. Shakespeare

Поделиться сообщением

I am a gardener,

You are a gardener and how

Can I get this lovely garden?

Over fence or under fence?

No way, I`m sorry, pardon.

)))

"And I hope he will be a handsome boy, and his ears  are all right...I mean they are not so big as his grandfather's  )))"

Well please don`t appreciate a man just by his ears, my dear! )))
Изменено пользователем victorian
  • Нравится 2

Don`t worry! Be happy!

Да кто я такой, чтобы себе отказывать!

Поделиться сообщением

If you wonder what is wrong with naming things by obscene words I will give the exact translation. "Нам мой взгляд (ничего личного), выражение "minced oath" дерьмовое (отстойное)." You should definitely know that, but I provide it for the readers who are less fluent in English. It is difficult to disagree that it is barely polite and rude to start the discussion with a stranger naming his conversation subject crap. Stating that it is her opinion does not change anything at all.

To begin with, the word "crap" is "printable". It can also be translated as "чепуха, чушь". Syn. rubbish, nonsense

Example: It's a bunch of crap - Это полная чушь.

I translated her sentence as "На мой взгляд (ничего личного), выражение "minced oath" - это чушь"

Поделиться сообщением

Lady LG is not defending anyone, she is expressing her point of view.

When I ask MSC I get the reply but not the answer from LadyLG, when I ask LadyLG I get the reply from Molly. Very funny, indeed ))) I think this time it could be victorian who will reply.

No wonder. People say what they like. If you don't want them to express their opinions, write "personal" letters.

But you like discussions, don't you?

Поделиться сообщением

You are a gardener and how Can I get this lovely garden? Over fence or under fence? No way, I`m sorry, pardon. )))

Over the fence, that’s just all right

But please be careful, do not break it.

What do you want to steal at night?

Tomatoes? Apples? Kiss?... Just take it :lady:

• Нравится 2

Поделиться сообщением

But this time let LadyLG answer.

I told you what I wanted and I said “Sorry” twice. If I answer your question, I’m sure it will lead to nothing but a furious, never-ending quarrel and I’d hate it.

Besides, I wouldn’t like to involve my friends in this quarrel. So my answer is: “I don’t want to.”

A minute for fun:

Professor Preobrazhensky and Shvonder (if I’m not mistaken)

- Well, now I expect you to buy some magazines to the benefit of poor German children. Five roubles each.

- No, thanks. I don’t want to.

- But why? You don’t feel sympathy for poor German children, do you?

- Yes, I do.

- Are you greedy about five roubles?

- No, I am not.

- Then, why not? What’s the reason?

- I don’t want to…

P.S. I’m not sure of the preposition “greedy about or greedy for?” Who can help me?

• Нравится 3

Поделиться сообщением

P.S. I’m not sure of the preposition “greedy about or greedy for?” Who can help me?

I am not sure, but I guess both variants are possible. I'd also write "about"

Поделиться сообщением

I told you what I wanted and I said “Sorry” twice. If I answer your question, I’m sure it will lead to nothing but a furious, never-ending quarrel and I’d hate it.

Besides, I wouldn’t like to involve my friends in this quarrel. So my answer is: “I don’t want to.”

It's totally fine if that's your position. No need to be furious. Let's be friendly and polite. :party:

Поделиться сообщением

To begin with, the word "crap" is "printable".

To continue I never stated that this word is unprintable. It is just rude and unacceptable in public conversations if you want to be polite. Especially if you want to comply with the English Club code of conduct. No sarcasm here. 

It can also be translated as "чепуха, чушь". Syn. rubbish, nonsense

That is very true. This word has several meanings, and as we all know the meaning depends on the context. 

Поделиться сообщением

Tomatoes? Apples? Kiss?... Just take it

You are a cherry of my heart,

And I love you true and hard,

I`ve been dreaming every night,

How I hug you gently, tight.

:D

Изменено пользователем victorian
  • Нравится 2

Don`t worry! Be happy!

Да кто я такой, чтобы себе отказывать!

Поделиться сообщением

No wonder. People say what they like. If you don't want them to express their opinions, write "personal" letters.

But you like discussions, don't you?

I love discussions, and I love when people express their opinions!

I always thought that discussions go the following way. One person makes a statement or asks a question and other persons answer.  :D

Поделиться сообщением

I'm using "for". But I'm not 100% sure. I also heard "greedy of", but not from native-speakers, in Belgium (where English is on 4th place after Dutch, French and German).

Поделиться сообщением

Для публикации сообщений создайте учётную запись или авторизуйтесь

Вы должны быть пользователем, чтобы оставить комментарий

Создать учетную запись

Зарегистрируйте новую учётную запись в нашем сообществе. Это очень просто!

Регистрация нового пользователя

Войти

Уже есть аккаунт? Войти в систему.

Войти

• Последние посетители   0 пользователей онлайн

Ни одного зарегистрированного пользователя не просматривает данную страницу