Перейти к содержанию

Рекомендуемые сообщения

Our conversation reminded me of a great horror movie called "Jeepers Creepers".

Jeepers Creepers is one of the scariest films I have ever seen, after The Nightmare in Elm Street. It is worth seeing :x:

As too horrors, well I'm not enough brave to see horror movies. I feel scared and close my eyes mostly every minute. You are really a brave spirit, Molly!

Oh yes, I am such a brave spirit that after watching all those horrors I can't go the the toilet at night, have to wait till morning. But I can't help watching them.

I must be crazy )))

Поделиться сообщением

Here is an easy one to guess.

Hmmm...

Could anyone please help me translate into English the word "Х з" (хэ зе) )))

Danila, I will never guess, I am too beautiful for that :D

I need a hint. Is this a film about a man in spectacles? The only word my spoilt eyes can see is "erotic"

Изменено пользователем Molly Malone

Поделиться сообщением

Hmmm...

Could anyone please help me translate into English the word "Х з" (хэ зе) )))

Danila, I will never guess, I am too beautiful for that :D

I need a hint. Is this a film about a man in spectacles? The only word my spoilt eyes can see is "erotic"

Try to remember a very famous character of the movie that wears rounded glasses and has a distinctive scar in the shape of a lightning. 

Поделиться сообщением

Oh yes, I am such a brave spirit that after watching all those horrors I can't go the the toilet at night, have to wait till morning. But I can't help watching them.

I must be crazy )))

:D "Horror films - as a way to stay in bad all the night!" That would be a way out for me)))) I'm on a diet now (2nd day only) and I'm trying to keep myself away from the fridge. English Club is a perfect way to distract my thoughts from food, but The Nightmare in Elm Street woudl be probably better)))) Thanks for a good idea!

Поделиться сообщением

MSC сказала

[From my point of view (nothing personal, just my opinion) the expression “minced oath” is a crap]

Please note that I am not explaining anything to you, but replying to your comment stating that "minced oath" expression is crap. That is already rude to start with. But I am not too sensitive so I don't really care.

From her point of view it is a crap. What is rude about it, I wonder?

Dear DanilaMe!

You're like the boy in the kindergarten who pulled every girl by her pigtail and then said that nobody wanted to play with him...

But you're making progress! Your English is becoming readable and translatable! Go on like this!

post-27669-0-67703500-1374608422_thumb.jpg

• Нравится 1

Поделиться сообщением

I'm on a diet now (2nd day only)

Poor girl! You must be starving!

If the truth must be said, i also need a diet. Probably the following Monday I shall start  (but i doubt it) )))

You do need a good horror film and a small packet of sunflower seeds. They are delicious, they won't do any harm to your figure (like pop corn) and they give you a feeling that you are eating :D

Поделиться сообщением

Try to remember a very famous character of the movie that wears rounded glasses and has a distinctive scar in the shape of a lightning. 

Hello to everybody ! May be  it is  a film  " Harry Potter  " ?

• Нравится 1

Поделиться сообщением

Poor girl! You must be starving!

If the truth must be said, i also need a diet. Probably the following Monday I shall start  (but i doubt it) )))

I like this saying: Morgen, morgen, nur nicht heute)))) sagen alle faule Leute (Tomorrow, tomorrow, not today. This is what lazy people usually say). I told so to myself on Monday morning and I started))))

-Are there any 100% effective pills against hunger?

-Yes, sure! But they are big….

- the size is not a problem. What it their name?

-Big cutlets.

dear Molly, your recipy is better  :) 

• Нравится 1

Поделиться сообщением

MSC сказала

[From my point of view (nothing personal, just my opinion) the expression “minced oath” is a crap]

From her point of view it is a crap. What is rude about it, I wonder?

If you wonder what is wrong with naming things by obscene words I will give the exact translation. "Нам мой взгляд (ничего личного), выражение "minced oath" дерьмовое (отстойное)." You should definitely know that, but I provide it for the readers who are less fluent in English.  It is difficult to disagree that it is barely polite and rude to start the discussion with a stranger naming his conversation subject crap. Stating that it is her opinion does not change anything at all.

Dear DanilaMe!

You're like the boy in the kindergarten who pulled every girl by her pigtail and then said that nobody wanted to play with him...

How did I pulled your pigtail or other girls "pigtails"? Be more specific, please.

But you're making progress! Your English is becoming readable and translatable! Go on like this!

You are making some improvements as well. That's quite promising. 

LadyLG,

Why don't you answer my direct questions like this one, but instead you start to defend people who are capable of defending their position themselves?

It looks like we settled all the delicate issues... But you continue to bite me a little bit as if I really pulled your ponytail somehow. If so, I am sorry for that. 

Don't forget that we are friends as you said. So let us be easy on each other.

Поделиться сообщением

Hello to everybody ! May be  it is  a film  " Harry Potter  " ?

Great! :appl:  and welcome to the conversation. I will get you another one in a couple of minutes.

Изменено пользователем DanilaMe

Поделиться сообщением

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

I would like to enreach my active vocabulary a little bit.  :D

What will be the "meanced oath" for "asshole". In case I'm talking about a person and I would like to sound more polite.... Do you have any ideas?  :D  :D  :D

Поделиться сообщением

Great! :appl:  and welcome to the conversation. I will get you another one in a couple of minutes.

O ! I am glad ! My elder son helped me to guess . It is his favourite film !

• Нравится 1

Поделиться сообщением

LadyLG, Why don't you answer my direct questions like this one, but instead you start to defend people who are capable of defending their position themselves?

Lady LG is not defending anyone, she is expressing her point of view.

Why do almost the members of the club try to say that you are a little…well…too serious? (I didn’t say “You are a bore", no no) Are we all wicked? I doubt it.

Don't be a pain in the neck.

Поделиться сообщением

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

I would like to enreach my active vocabulary a little bit.  :D

What will be the "meanced oath" for "asshole". In case I'm talking about a person and I would like to sound more polite.... Do you have any ideas?  :D  :D  :D

Seems like MSC likes to be rude.

Oh, now I see what LadyLG meant when she told me that The main rule of our club is: “Be polite and friendly.”  )))  )))  ))) 

BTW minced oath for asshole would be a-hole. Just that simple.

Поделиться сообщением

O ! I am glad ! My elder son helped me to guess . It is his favourite film !

This is a recent movie that got many awards.

9351764473_00790286a2_o.jpg

Untitled by danilameshcheryakov, on Flickr

Поделиться сообщением

Для публикации сообщений создайте учётную запись или авторизуйтесь

Вы должны быть пользователем, чтобы оставить комментарий

Создать учетную запись

Зарегистрируйте новую учётную запись в нашем сообществе. Это очень просто!

Регистрация нового пользователя

Войти

Уже есть аккаунт? Войти в систему.

Войти

• Последние посетители   0 пользователей онлайн

Ни одного зарегистрированного пользователя не просматривает данную страницу