Перейти к содержанию

Рекомендуемые сообщения

Punctuate: "Caesar entered. On his head - his helmet. On his feet -  his sandals. In his hand - his sword. In his eyes  - a fierce look"

I just imagined to punctuate like this: "Caesar entered on his head. His helmet on his feet. His sandals in his hand. His sword in his eyes. A fierce look!!!"

:)

Поделиться сообщением

Punctuate: "Caesar entered. On his head - his helmet. On his feet - his sandals. In his hand - his sword. In his eyes - a fierce look"

Of course, this is correct!

Caesar entered on his head

Dear MSC, you have a very good sense of humour!

post-27669-0-35633400-1372165271_thumb.jpg

Поделиться сообщением

A riddle for everybody:

"I was arrested at the airport the other day. I did nothing wrong. I was standing quietly and waiting for my friend Jack to arrive.

As soon as I saw him, I cried out loudly, "Hi, Jack!" Why was I arrested?"

And a joke: Two Russians meet in the bar and have a talk:

- What clock?

- Six watch.

- Such much?

- Whom how ...

- MGIMO finished?

- Asks!

Поделиться сообщением

But we are not only guys, :cb: we are also ladies :lady:  Anyway, glad to meet you!

I'm happy to meet you as well. As for the word "guys" in this context I'd like to share more info on that topic.

Nowadays in North America (meaning both Canada and the US) people use "Hi, Guys!" expression to address both genders.

Guys was once a masculine term, but it has evolved into more neutral form. Quite often even a girl addresses a group of girls with "Hi, Guys!"

Anyway I would like to refrase myself and greet all the beautiful ladies on this forum and especially the ones who are following this topic.

"Why?"

I constantly dial 911 just because I have a badly designed cell phone model. When it is blocked it takes only two keyboard strokes to call 911 service.

And every time I pocket dial 911 they call back and wonder if everything is fine.

Поделиться сообщением

A riddle for everybody:

"I was arrested at the airport the other day. I did nothing wrong. I was standing quietly and waiting for my friend Jack to arrive.

As soon as I saw him, I cried out loudly, "Hi, Jack!" Why was I arrested?"

Probably because airport security assumed that the guy had intention to hijack somebody or something.  :gun:  :143:

Поделиться сообщением

As for the riddles I like this one:

What goes down the basement with four legs, but comes back with eight?

This is one of the riddles that main characters of Stephen King's "Dark Tower" book had to solve to survive.

wastelands_6_choo_choo.jpg

Поделиться сообщением

cat?

Don`t worry! Be happy!

Да кто я такой, чтобы себе отказывать!

Поделиться сообщением

A riddle for everybody: "I was arrested at the airport the other day. I did nothing wrong. I was standing quietly and waiting for my friend Jack to arrive. As soon as I saw him, I cried out loudly, "Hi, Jack!" Why was I arrested?"

Probably because airport security assumed that the guy had intention to hijack somebody or something. :gun::143:

Your answer is correct and you get a virtual prize: a pass to our English Club. Congratulations!

post-27669-0-93790600-1372239397_thumb.jpg

Поделиться сообщением

A :cat: and a :55: in its mouth

Поделиться сообщением

Brilliant, you both win! =)

Here comes another one.

What is it that is deaf, dumb and blind and always tells the truth?

Поделиться сообщением

Hi, DanilaMe! Welcome to English Club. 

The answer to your riddle is Mirror

A new riddle

There is a word in the English language in which the first two letters signify a male, the first three letters signify a female, the first four signify a great man, and the whole word, a great woman. What is the word?

post-16022-0-23497500-1372322878_thumb.jpg

Изменено пользователем Dinka

Поделиться сообщением

DanilaMe

There's a rule in our club: the winner gets a virtual prize. For example, a chocolate for a lady and a bottle of beer for a gentleman.

Anything you like!

Поделиться сообщением

There is a word in the English language in which the first two letters signify a male, the first three letters signify a female, the first four signify a great man, and the whole word, a great woman. What is the word?

I know the answer. Let the others try.

A new riddle from me:

A world-famous doctor arrived in England. One day he was shown around a big London hospital. Because of his reputation he was treated with great respect.  As the hospital was only recently opened, he was proudly shown all the latest innovations. The visiting doctor looked at some of the charts. The system of abbreviations they used was familiar to him, TB for tuberculosis, SF for scarlet fever and so on. He undestood them all except for a number of charts marked GOK.

He stared at them for some time, then turned to one of the doctors and said, "I understand most of these abbreviations. They are the same as we use. But this GOK - you seem to have quite an epidemic of it, I noticed. What does it stand for?"

"Oh," replied the doctor. "It stands for "...................     ............................    ................................ "

What does "GOK" stand for? :doctor:

Поделиться сообщением

I know the answer. Let the others try.

A new riddle from me:

A world-famous doctor arrived in England. One day he was shown around a big London hospital. Because of his reputation he was treated with great respect.  As the hospital was only recently opened, he was proudly shown all the latest innovations. The visiting doctor looked at some of the charts. The system of abbreviations they used was familiar to him, TB for tuberculosis, SF for scarlet fever and so on. He undestood them all except for a number of charts marked GOK.

He stared at them for some time, then turned to one of the doctors and said, "I understand most of these abbreviations. They are the same as we use. But this GOK - you seem to have quite an epidemic of it, I noticed. What does it stand for?"

"Oh," replied the doctor. "It stands for "...................     ............................    ................................ "

What does "GOK" stand for? :doctor:

God only knows =)

Поделиться сообщением

God only knows =)

Oh, a new charming lady! Nice to meet you! Welcome to English Club!

Your answer is right and a can of delicious cold drink goes to you as a prize. It's too hot today...

post-27669-0-89948000-1372337760_thumb.jpg

Поделиться сообщением

Для публикации сообщений создайте учётную запись или авторизуйтесь

Вы должны быть пользователем, чтобы оставить комментарий

Создать учетную запись

Зарегистрируйте новую учётную запись в нашем сообществе. Это очень просто!

Регистрация нового пользователя

Войти

Уже есть аккаунт? Войти в систему.

Войти

• Последние посетители   0 пользователей онлайн

Ни одного зарегистрированного пользователя не просматривает данную страницу