Перейти к содержанию

Рекомендуемые сообщения

How do you translate this? «Будучи вызван к государю-императору в столицу, штабс-полковник Онтольский соблаговолил взять с собою обоих своих фельд-егерей для представления к последующему офицерскому званию». So you are a grammarian too????

Dear Vasya, I was expecting something like this from you )))

You must have confused a professional grammarian with a professional translator who uses some kind of specialized terminology.

I’ll show you what a grammarian does. A grammarian does Grammar.

Check it out:

Будучи вызван к государю-императору в столицу, штабс-полковник Онтольский соблаговолил взять с собою обоих своих фельд-егерей для представления к последующему офицерскому званию».

Here is a sentence with the same grammar construction:

Будучи вызван к своему бывшему однокласснику в столицу на ежегодную встречу выпускников, водопроводчик Петя соблаговолил взять с собою двух румяных деревенских девушек для представления к последующим потенциальным женихам:

Having been summoned to the annual reunion by his former classmate ( a Moscow citizen), Pete the plumber was benevolent to invite a couple of sexy, rosy village girls to be introduced to their future (and very potential) boyfriends. (Почти как в учебнике Бонк звучит ))))

I wasn’t supposed to translate all those «штабс-полковник». We were talking about grammar, weren’t we?

To tell the truth, some masterpieces of the Russian language just can’t be translated, but it has nothing to do with the grammar. This one for example, my favourite Gogol. Sounds just like music:

"Если бы в это время проезжал сорочинский заседатель на тройке обывательских лошадей, в шапке с барашковым околышком, сделанной по манеру уланскому, в синем тулупе, подбитом черными смушками, с дьявольски-сплетенною плетью, которою имеет он обыкновение подгонять своего ямщика, то он бы, верно, приметил ее, потому что от сорочинского заседателя ни одна ведьма на свете не ускользнет."

P.S.

I hope you believe me that I did not use the Google Translator.

Изменено пользователем Molly Malone
  • Нравится 3

Поделиться сообщением

Autumn comes....

And a flood of "professional grammarians" (Basils or whatever else) is comming with this autumn hand in hand....

"Unforgettable" impression, yep...

This is a kind of seasonal aggravation, I would say if I were a psychiatrist...

But happy am I that I'm not...

So I'll just glance over all these "outstanding" posts of Basils.

With all my love to you, my dear ladies, and Victorian, my only Gentleman! 

:) 

• Нравится 3

Поделиться сообщением

I hope you believe me that I did not use the Google Translator.

You give the impression of being a really learned lady :). I think this job took a great deal of energy and your style is excellent :)

«Кто сомневается, что у России особый путь, пусть поездит по нашим дорогам» (генерал А.И.Лебедь)

Поделиться сообщением

And a flood of "professional grammarians" (Basils or whatever else) is comming with this autumn hand in hand...."Unforgettable" impression, yep...

This is a kind of seasonal aggravation, I would say if I were a psychiatrist...

Victorian, do you really like it?? :) I thought that we were friends )))

By the way, there is a special term for such activities :)

'Stalking is unwanted or obsessive attention by an individual or group toward another person. Stalking behaviors are related to harassment and intimidation and may include following the victim in person or monitoring them. The word stalking is used, with some differing meanings, in psychology and psychiatry and also in some legal jurisdictions as a term for a criminal offense'. :)

Изменено пользователем Алексей Баюков

«Кто сомневается, что у России особый путь, пусть поездит по нашим дорогам» (генерал А.И.Лебедь)

Поделиться сообщением

А кто сейчас руководит Клубом? А то у меня идейка появилась. Тут же такие зубры английской словесности есть - переводят на английский "будучи вызван к Государю", меня аж завитки берут :) Давайте организуем отделение Клуба для начинающих? Поучимся там простые фразы составлять, а потом и к высшему пилотажу, кто знает, перейдем....

Поделиться сообщением

'Stalking is unwanted or obsessive attention by an individual or group toward another person. Stalking behaviors are related to harassment and intimidation and may include following the victim in person or monitoring them. The word stalking is used, with some differing meanings, in psychology and psychiatry and also in some legal jurisdictions as a term for a criminal offense'. :)

What do you take us for? You sound as if we were a gang of evil doers... :3:  :6:  :3:  

Take it easy, Alex. Don't make tragedies of trifles.

А кто сейчас руководит Клубом?

Our virtual boss is victorian

Давайте организуем отделение Клуба для начинающих?

The idea isn't new. It doesn't work, I'm afraid. We're all busy and lazy. Not long ago someone tried to organize something like that in Pushkino, but I'm not sure if the club still exists. Ask victorian. He has been there. He might know.

• Нравится 1

Поделиться сообщением

What do you take us for? You sound as if we were a gang of evil doers... :3:  :6:  :3:  

Take it easy, Alex. Don't make tragedies of trifles.

Oh, take it easy, Lady LG, I was just kidding :) I am trying to practise my English here so 'a flood' of that non-pchychiatrist is quite OK with me :) She is definitely not a gang of evil doers so it's no tragedy at all :)

Victorain, а Вы как смотрите на идею некоей тренировочной площадочки для именно начинающих? Как директор заведения :)

Поделиться сообщением

I`m not sure there is any point to create a special place for beginners. Anybody can ask for help or practise English right here.

• Нравится 1

Don`t worry! Be happy!

Да кто я такой, чтобы себе отказывать!

Поделиться сообщением

I believe there are a lot of English teachers here, I mean professional ones, or just so many enthusiasts?

If there are some enthusiasts, why not meet in some pub for example, just to play dif games in English?

We could have fun and practice English at the same time☺

Изменено пользователем JaneBird

Поделиться сообщением

why not meet in some pub for example, just to play dif games in English? We could have fun and practice English at the same time☺

No problem,  there is English conversation club in Pushkino where we can speak, play, sing etc. Next meeting will take place on 10th October at 16 o`clock. Address -  Пушкино, Московский проспект, д. 57, к.4, 1 этаж 

Изменено пользователем victorian
  • Нравится 1

Don`t worry! Be happy!

Поделиться сообщением

No problem, there is English conversation club in Pushkino where we can speak, play, sing etc. Next meeting will take place on 10th October at 16 o`clock. Address - Пушкино, Московский проспект, д. 57, к.4, 1 этаж

I've googled that address, some school is situated there!

Do you work there?

Поделиться сообщением

I`m not sure there is any point to create a special place for beginners. 

OK, no problem. 

If there are some enthusiasts, why not meet in some pub for example, just to play dif games in English?

We could have fun and practice English at the same time☺

Maybe it's a nice idea, but unfortunately I never attend pubs :)

Next meeting will take place on 10th October at 16 o`clock.  

To be frank, I don't think that a couple of lessons a month will do any good. 

Поделиться сообщением

Do you work there?

No, I don`t work there. We just rent this place for English club.

Don`t worry! Be happy!

Поделиться сообщением

No, I don`t work there. We just rent this place for English club.

What's the enteance fee and who leads that club? How long does it last and why that place?

Поделиться сообщением

Для публикации сообщений создайте учётную запись или авторизуйтесь

Вы должны быть пользователем, чтобы оставить комментарий

Создать учетную запись

Зарегистрируйте новую учётную запись в нашем сообществе. Это очень просто!

Регистрация нового пользователя

Войти

Уже есть аккаунт? Войти в систему.

Войти

• Последние посетители   0 пользователей онлайн

Ни одного зарегистрированного пользователя не просматривает данную страницу